We have been performing our primary and intermediate shows in schools
all over New Zealand since 1988. We now have six shows - not all available in any one year (contact us):
- Tales 'N' Tunes From Near and Far -
- an armchair trip around the world in stories, tunes and exotic instruments.
- Steps In Time - Community Dances From Around The World -
- a 100% participatory, full-on, feet-on dance show. The kids learn and dance several dances from different countries, to "live" music (instruments - no backing tapes) played by Bill and Kath.
& Kath's Variety Road Show -
- a "music plus" fun show with lots of audience participation in chorus songs, action songs, rhythm bands and dances.
- The World of Music Show -
inter-active concert of songs, music and a dance from around the
- The Medieval Minstrel
- an affectionate look at life in the Middle Ages through the eyes of a pair of wandering minstrels.
All the school shows have a great deal of audience participation, with
the children joining the band to play percussion instruments, singing,
and several of the shows involve the whole school doing a dance - so you
might like to be prepared with the school camera for some delightful
"photo-opportunities". But please, no video cameras or tape recorders.
An evaluation form is given to the school at the end of the show, so
that you can say what you thought of the show. Many suggestions from
teachers and students have been adopted over the years, and the shows
have been much improved and refined by your suggestions.
Our technical requirements are: one hours' access to the performance venue for set-up, one power point, two adult sized armless chairs, and the performance venue to be cleared of chairs and other obstructions.
To find out what the schools think about our school shows, check out
the Reviews & References page.
To book a "Bill & Kath" show, contact us by email or phone (details below) or check out the Bookings page.